“Ole Tyme” salads like egg, ham, tuna and chicken are a lost art that are coming back into vogue at Sunday supper or weekday lunch or even a late night snack! It is also the perfect way to repurpose a leftover. Here, it is the perfect appetizer for the leftover holiday or Sunday dinner ham.
Ham salad in a paprika mayo with Arabelle Bread and Butter Pickles:
· 1 lb baked ham, finely chopped or pulsed in a food processor
· ½ cup paprika mayonnaise (recipe to follow)
· ½ cup Arabelle Bread and Butter Pickles, finely chopped (or substitute Arabelle Candied Jalapenos for some kick)
· ¼ cup red onion or radish, minced
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 6-8 pieces of pumpernickel or marbled rye bread, cut into 3 inch rounds or crusts cut off & quartered
· 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably Duke’s or Blue Plate
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 tsp Arabelle Bread and Butter Pickle juice
· 1 tsp sweet paprika
· 1 tsp prepared mustard
Combine ham, pickles, and red onion. Stir in mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir well until all ingredients are blended. Place a generous spoonful on top of each bread square anmd plate and serve, or place a second bread square on top of spoonful for a more casual ham salad slider! Either way, plate and serve!
- Guacamole with Arabelle Candied Jalapenos and Hummus with Arabelle Dilled Onions (2 pics) recipes
Whether having friends over for a Mexican night or a Mediterranean night, whether making a dip from scratch or buying your favorite store bought, Arabelle can make even the simplest dips unique and delicious.
*If purchasing Guacamole or Hummus from the store, just mix in the Arabelle products according to the quantities in the recipes below.